My Addiction

Hello my darling readers….

I’m writing this post from work because my internet is down at home and I also like to abuse company time 🙂

This is just a quick post to tell you that I don’t have a story today because I’m experiencing  computer problems at home and I’m hoping that when the technician comes tomorrow from the evil corporate conglomerate, Time Warner, they will tell me that it is only my internet connection and not my computer. Because if it’s my computer, I might have to kill someone. My hard-drive crashed 5 months ago and if something is wrong again….THERE WILL BE BLOOD! (I heard that was a good movie).

I can’t believe how addicted I am to my computer. If someone told me 10 years ago that computer problems would be able to bring me to tears, I would have laughed in their stupid face since I didn’t even know what a search engine was, not to mention how to copy and paste. The internet is stronger than crack in my opinion, not that I’ve ever smoked crack, but my dependence is that of an addict. I couldn’t connect to the internet last night and it bothered me for hours. When did I spiral out of control? When did I hit rock bottom?

I think there should be group meetings for those addicted to computers. Imagine the amount of people who would show up, and probably a lot more who are in denial about their problem. You know admitting your powerless is the first step 🙂

So anyway…I hope you’re having a great day and that your computer is working properly and that you hate evil corporations.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My Addiction

1. fish says:

Thanks for mentioning the amazing friend that helped bring you into this century! Whatever, I get it, since I am not really family or anything I guess I really don’t matter. Lets see who you call when you find that your computer has gone down again. You brother???, doubt it – besides he is bailing on the USA.

love you!

F

ps. what are your Thanksgiving plans!

• well, so far I left two computers with my amazing friend that still aren’t working….and interestingly enough was preparing to brag about your CGI skills/accomplishments in an upcoming blog. However, that will be hard to do without a working computer 🙂 no plans yet. who knows if I’ll live that long. love you too

2. "the elder sister" says:

Oh I know those feelings well!! It’s like the computer is working really hard to annoy me and I have actually punched the screen hoping to get back at it! Good luck with that crap!
    p.s. “Hi Fish!”

3. Maddie says:

OK, Cee. I admit that I also am a computer addict! I greet it fondly every time I walk in the door, and it tells me any thing I want to know. It helps me relax, keep informed and entertained, manage my money and my life, and frankly, I kiss it goodnight. If I can be an enabler for you, I will! And if there is a group meeting for my addiction, well, I’d rather stay home with my computer.
    Write on!
    Maddie

Similar to relationships….when they work, they’re great…..when they don’t, they suck! Fish, can you help Cee with this one?

5. mdonohue says:

I love how a computer knows what your thinking,before you finish writing it.Or think it does.Ialways feel so helpless with them.The frustration can feel pretty intense.Fish, i appreciate all the support you have given Celeste andJohn.You’ve been a good friend.Thanks from me.Love,Mom

6. klpeach323 says:

im sure it’s similar to the feelings i have whn they black-out the OU games. dependency on technology is scary.

….i wish time warner would fall into a bucket of aids.

@phx airport, read the first part of new earth. one word: thankyou.

7. “bucket of aids” 🙂

8. fish says:

bucket of aids! That is up there with Louie CK’s – bag of dicks!

9. Mr Maryknoll says:

Poor Thing.

Arggh! I have a working computer, knock on wood, and somehow I missed this yesterday.

I cannot believe how dependent I have become on my computer. To me it is like having a giant library/newspapers/everything in my home. Plus, entertainment. Although I find it really, really hard to watch movies in the afternoon.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is not your computer!