Are you excited for the upcoming biggest night of the year in the entire world?? You know what I’m talking about….the Oscars! Yeah, we all know it’s a big stroke fest for Hollywood, but let’s face it, it’s fun to watch it and make fun of everyone…at least that’s what I do. I’m wondering if Angelina Jolie has eaten since the Golden Globes. Have you noticed how big her head looks sitting atop those bony shoulders and arms? If not, you’ll see Sunday. I’m glad Billy Crystal is hosting, he’s always a good time. Hollywood Boulevard is closed this entire week so they can set up all the crap for the Oscars including the stands and all the barriers to keep psychotic fans from getting too close to Hollywood royalty, which makes my walk to work twice as annoying.
It just so happens that my 100th post is coinciding with Oscar week and I decided to celebrate by having an Oscar giveaway! I know you won’t be able to sleep tonight just thinking about it. The prize is going to be a Hollywood/Oscar related prize package and it’s going to be a surprise! But you’ll like it, so get excited! I will post what the prize is once the winner is chosen. Jesus Christ, you’re probably hyperventilating right now…
Here are the rules:
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 2/25. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood – the Contest on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons. We do NOT want minors winning a prize)
2. You have to live in the United States because I think shipping internationally is a hassle.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies (most of them probably suck anyway)
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
Is that simple enough for you?
LET THE CONTEST BEGIN:
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for “Best Director?”
(nominees: Michale Hazanavicius for The Artist, Woody Allen for Midnight in Paris, Martin Scorcese for Hugo, Terrence Malick for The Tree of Life, Alexander Payne for The Descendants)
2. Why do you think Martin Scorsese doesn’t have his eyebrows trimmed down to a reasonable size?
Have a great day! Be sure to leave your answers in the comment section!