Let me start by saying I loved everyone’s comments so far. You’re a witty bunch, and each comment is getting you closer to the fun Oscar prize! Who’s excited? WE ARE! Keep em’ comin people! I took a few pictures for you yesterday as I was walking home so I could show you how Hollywood Boulevard comes to a screeching halt during Oscar week. The whole city just revolves around this event….or is the whole world? You would think so anyway.
Okay, enough with the pictures. Let’s get to today’s category:
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Actress?
(Nominees: Glenn Close for Albert Nobbs, Viola Davis for The Help , Rooney Mara for The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, Meryl Streep for the Iron Lady, Michelle Williams for My Week with Marilyn)
Let me just say that I don’t think anyone has heard of Albert Nobbs so Glenn Close can’t win. Viola Davis was really good in The Help (this is the only performance I’ve seen so far), I don’t care about a Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, Michelle Williams and Meryl Streep won the Golden Globes, so I predict Meryl Streep for kickin’ ass as Margaret Thatcher (or is it Margaret Snatcher?)
2. Do you think if a girl has a Dragon Tattoo that it’s most likely a tramp stamp? Is Rooney Mara a tramp in real life? And who is Rooney Mara anyway?
Put your answers in the comment section for your chance to win!!
Now for some past “Best Actress” Winners:
And my favorite hysterical speech of all time:
Unfortunately, I was unable to embed the video properly into this post, but just google Halle Berry’s Oscar speech for old time sake and a good LOL!
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 2/25. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood – the Contest on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons. We do NOT want minors winning a prize)
2. You have to live in the United States because I think shipping internationally is a hassle.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies (most of them probably suck anyway)
HAVE ANOTHER GREAT DAY!