I love having contests like this because your comments offer a respite from my boring day job. In between pretending to work and occasionally doing work, I check your comments and they make me laugh. Not LOL of course, after all, I have to pretend to be working hard and I can’t just be LOLing all over the place.
So before we get to today’s questions, here are a couple more fun facts for you (you know I love fun facts.)
1. Fifty percent of kids prefer to receive chocolate candy for Halloween, compared with 24% who prefer non-chocolate candy and 10% who preferred gum.
Gum? Over candy? Little weirdos!!
2. Chocolate candy bars top the list as the most popular candy for trick-or-treaters with Snickers #1.
I love Snickers, it was always one of my favorites, so I guess that makes me a normal kid even though for many Halloweens I dressed as a homeless person…or a bum, as we called it back then.
3. Black cats were once believed to be witch’s familiars who protected their powers.
I had a black cat for 14 years….need I say more?
Now on to today’s questions:
1. In the movie “Carrie,” played by Sissy Spacek, Carrie had a crazy mother who told her she could see her “dirty pillows” in the dress she was wearing to the prom. Carrie responded by saying “They’re breasts Mama.” Why would she refer to Carrie’s boobs as “dirty pillows?”
A. Because Carrie never washed her breasts in the shower.
B. Because they use that term in the Bible when referring to breasts
C. Because Stephen King knew people would find it funny (he wrote it).
D. other – Your answer
2. Why am I convinced there is a serial killer somewhere near my mom’s house?
A. Because there are 5 miles of woods behind her house and it’s a perfect place for a serial killer
B. Because it’s dark and it’s in Maine and I’ve read a lot of Stephen King books
D. other – your answer
Each day there will be two Halloween/Horror movie/Scary-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. On Halloween a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Wednesday, October 31st. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood – the Halloween Contest on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons. We do NOT want minors winning a prize)
2. You have to live in the United States because I think shipping internationally is a hassle.
3. You have to answer two Halloween/horror/scary questions as a comment on the blog.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!