Welcome to the 2nd Annual Death To Hollywood Oscar Contest! As you know, this coming Sunday is the biggest night of the year in Hollywood and possibly the world, considering our entertainment-obsessed public. I love the Oscars and can’t wait to make fun of everyone on the red carpet. I also love the awkward questions they ask celebrities on the red carpet like, “Daniel Day Lewis, what did you do this morning?” and the celebrities always say something like “Uhhh, not much, I got ready for the show tonight.” And the announcers say, “Well, you look great, good luck tonight.” Wouldn’t it be better if Daniel Day Lewis said something like, “You know, even though I’ve won this award twice already, I still get so nervous…I had diarrhea all morning.” I would just appreciate a little more honesty, that’s all.
Now on to the contest!
The prize is going to be a Hollywood/Oscar related prize package that will be a surprise and of course, I’ll throw in a bag of Celestial Treats, so get excited! I will post what the prize is once the winner is chosen.
Here are the rules:
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 2/23. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
Is that simple enough for you?
LET THE CONTEST BEGIN….
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Director?
(Amour – Michael Haneke, Beasts of the Southern Wild – Benh Zeitlin, Life of Pi – Ang Lee, Lincoln – Steven Spielberg, Silver Linings Playbook – David O. Russell)
(Looks like Ben Affleck got snubbed for Argo…oops, sorry Ben)
2. Steven Spielberg has been nominated many times for Best Director and has won three times. Why am I the only one who didn’t love the movie, E.T.? And what was it about E.T. that everyone thought was so stinkin’ great?
Be sure to comment and have a great Monday!