Yesterday they closed down a section of Hollywood Boulevard so they can start building all the crap for the Oscars. If you remember, last year, this made my walk from the train to my job a hassle because I worked on Hollywood Boulevard. This year, I’m working on Sunset Boulevard, which is right below Hollywood Boulevard and that means that all the traffic from Hollywood will be filtered onto Sunset, hence making my commute to work a hassle once again. So, thanks for the inconvenience Hollywood Oscar circle jerks!
Today’s contest category is for “Best Actress,” and I can’t really weigh in here because of the five actresses nominated, I only saw one of the performances. I think Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty is favored to win because she won the Golden Globe for Best Drama, but Jennifer Lawrence also won, so who knows? I only saw Jennifer Lawrence and I thought she was good, but she also annoys me a little bit, so I don’t really care who wins this category.
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Actress?
(Jessica Chastain – Zero Dark Thirty, Quvenzhané Wallis – Beasts of the Southern Wild, Naomi Watts – The Impossible, Jennifer Lawrence – Silver Linings Playbook, Emmanuelle Riva – Amour)
2. What do actress Jessica Chastain, a former Oscar winner for Best Actress, and a Stephen King character have in common?
(This one is kind of hard and if you get it, I will be really impressed)
3. If I could play any character, it would be someone crazy….which of these crazy characters would you like to play the most?
Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction
Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest
Kathy Bates in Misery
Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver
Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs
Jack Nicholson in The Shining
Anthony Perkins in Psycho
Last year’s winner for Best Actress:
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 2/23. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
Post your answers in the comment section to enter!! Have a sparkly day!