Good morning hopeful winners!! Are you getting excited for the possibility of winning a Hollywood prize pack and some delicious Celestial Treats?? If not, I’m excited for you so let’s get started.
Today’s category is for Best Original Screenplay. This category is important because it is the movie writer’s idea and the movie writer’s story, as opposed to Adapted Screenplay, where they get the story from a book or somewhere. That also takes great writing talent, but I like this category better. And most importantly, any good movie starts with good writing.
Written by Michael Haneke
I didn’t see this movie. It’s a foreign film and I don’t like to read subtitles. The problem is, I love to read and I love to watch movies, but I don’t like to do it at the same time, so I don’t know if this is good or not. But it probably is because foreign films are usually story-driven. If only foreigners were as good as their films. LOL. J/k, J/k
Written by Quentin Tarantino
I saw this and I liked it. It is typical Quentin Tarantino style with quick dialogue and lots of bloody, killing scenes, but it was good. Not my favorite of his movies though…and movies that have to do with slavery always make me feel a little sad.
Written by John Gatins
I saw this one too. I liked it but I didn’t think it was particularly amazing. I think you can wait for DVD, and you’ll like it, but you’ll probably glad you didn’t get ripped off for a full-price movie ticket.
Written by Wes Anderson & Roman Coppola
I LOVED this movie! I think you should rent it, watch it, and if you don’t like it you’re a weirdo! This is a very underrated movie. I want this to win, but probably won’t 🙂 Booooo!!
I really wanted to see this until I found out that it was 2 hours and 40 minutes long. Whoa! Gotta be on a couch or a bed for that amount of time. I also heard it was good, but a little bit draggy too, so that’s gonna have to wait for DVD.
1.Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Original Screenplay?
(Amour, Django Unchained, Flight, Moonrise Kingdom, Zero Dark Thirty)
2. If you wrote a movie about a girl who took a Flight to a Moonrise Kingdom at Zero Dark Thirty with a man named Django who was Unchained due to his recent divorce because of his secret Amour, what would you name the movie?
3. In the movie Flight, Denzel Washington is a pilot and probably a member of the mile high club. Are you a member of the mile high club, and if not, why not? Is it because you don’t like having sex in bathrooms that aren’t big enough for one person, let alone two? Is it because the bathrooms of the plane were occupied? Is it because you thought it would be inappropriate to have sex in the middle seat? What’s stopping you from joining this exclusive club?
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 2/23. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
Comment to win and have a thrilling day!!