I see that “Gravity” and “12 Years a Slave” are the front-runners for Best Director according to your comments. I’ll add my 2 cents; I think Alfonso Cuaron will win Best Director for Gravity, but only because it won the Golden Globe. I didn’t see the movie, so I have no idea what the direction is like. I love David O. Russell and Martin Scorcese as directors, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen for them this year. Oh well, on to Best Actress….
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Actress?
Amy Adams – American Hustle
Cate Blanchett – Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock – Gravity
Judi Dench – Philomena
Meryl Streep – August: Osage County
By the way, I will tell you that I saw three of these performances; Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett and Meryl Streep…and I think it’s going to be between Cate Blanchett and Meryl Streep. From the commercials, it looks like Sandra Bullock does a good job of being scared in space, I have no idea about Judi Dench in Philomena, and Amy Adams was decent enough in American Hustle, but the other two were just outstanding performances. Meryl Streep is amazing every time and Cate Blanchett is truly great in Blue Jasmine, so we’ll see. I do think they should give Meryl Streep a permanent award of some kind.
2. Amy Adams showed a lot of boob in American Hustle (not nipple, just boob), and although it had an “R” rating, it wasn’t because of her boobs (it was for language and some violence). However, showing the areola/nipple combo constitutes an “R” rating. Why is that?
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 3/1. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook. The prize is always a surprise and Hollywood/Oscar related.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies or if you get the questions right.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
COMMENT TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!