So far, it looks fairly unanimous that Cate Blanchett will walk away with the Oscar for Best Actress. But will the Oscar prediction for Best Actor be just as unanimous? Well, we will see….
1. Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Actor?
Christian Bale – American Hustle
Bruce Dern – Nebraska
Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street
Chiwetel Ejiofor – 12 Years A Slave
Matthew McConaughey – Dallas Buyers Club
2. Matthew McConaughey reportedly lost about 45 pounds over the course of four months for Dallas Buyers Club. I would think getting paid millions of dollars (or whatever he got), and the chance of winning an Oscar, would be good motivation for losing weight. How much weight do you think you could lose if you ate nothing but $100 dollar bills for 4 months?
My 2 cents: I saw all of these performances except Bruce Dern in Nebraska and I think this is going to be a tight race, which is good because last year it was a total runaway with Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln, so no one else had a chance. But this year, there is a bit of competition. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was great in The Wolf of Wall Street, and he has a good shot since he won a Golden Globe. Then there is McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club, and, by the way, when did he learn how to act? He was excellent and lost all that weight, etc., so I was very impressed and he usually doesn’t impress me. Christian Bale was really good in American Hustle, but he won’t win, so let’s move on. Chiwetel Ejiofor also was amazing in 12 Years A Slave but I think that is going to get some other awards, and Bruce Dern also has a good chance because he won Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival, so….this will be a good one! Yay! However, I think McConaughey is favored to win. And if he does, he better not make some douchey speech!
Who is your Oscar prediction for Best Supporting Actor?
Barkhad Abdi – Captain Phillips
Bradley Cooper – American Hustle
Michael Fassbender -12 Years A Slave
Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street
Jared Leto – Dallas Buyers Club
I saw all of these performances and although I would like to see Michael Fassbender win because I have a big crush on him, Jared Leto was surprisingly great as a tranny in Dallas Buyers Club, so I’m going with him for the win!
I guess I should’ve done Best Supporting Actress on yesterday’s post, but oh well, it’s too late now. I think Jennifer Lawrence or Julia Roberts will win, but just for shits and giggles, feel free to put your 2 cents in.
Sally Hawkins – Blue Jasmine
Jennifer Lawrence – American Hustle
Lupita Nyong’o – 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts – August: Osage County
June Squibb – Nebraska
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 3/1. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook. The prize is always a surprise and Hollywood/Oscar related.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies or if you get the questions right.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
COMMENT TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!