Today is the big day because it’s “Best Picture” Day. I’m just gonna come out with it; I think 12 Years A Slave will take home this award. Did you see it? Are you white? Did it make you feel embarrassed to be white? I hope so! I totally like being white….until I watch a slave movie, then I suddenly feel guilty by association.
It was pretty rough to sit through, especially since it’s based on a true story, but then again, I can’t say any slave movie has ever been easy to sit through. What we have done to each other as humans throughout history is so disturbing and disgusting, that I think we should just move on to the other movies….hope I didn’t bring you down. Happy Friday, remember?
1. What is your Oscar Prediction for “Best Picture”?
(this was a nail-biter) 🙂
12 Years A Slave
(you’ll only need to see this once)
Dallas Buyers Club
(good but sad too)
(I’ll wait for DVD)
(On my Netflix list)
(I have no idea what this is even about)
The Wolf of Wall Street
(Liked it A LOT)
Can I just say that comedies hardly every get nominated for awards and that sucks because when you think about it, comedies makes us feel so much better than these intense dramas. Think about it; what would make you feel better, Anchorman 2 or 12 Years a Slave? There’s Something About Mary or Schindler’s List? Dumb and Dumber or A Requiem for a Dream? Just sayin’……
2. If someone wrote a movie about you called “12 Years a _____”, what would the blank say?
Each day there will be two Oscar-related questions. Post your answers in the comment section. Each comment is an entry into the giveaway. At the end of the week a winner will be chosen at random. The contest will conclude on Saturday 3/1. You get extra entries for posting Death to Hollywood on Facebook or Twitter, and “liking” the Death to Hollywood page on Facebook. The prize is always a surprise and Hollywood/Oscar related.
1. You have to be at least 18 years old to enter (that’s for legal reasons)
2. You have to live in the United States because I don’t ship internationally, sorry.
3. You have to answer two Oscar related questions as a comment on the blog.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen any of the nominated movies or if you get the questions right.
5. No purchase necessary (not that there’s anything to buy… legally I have to say it)
COMMENT TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!